Monday, June 29, 2009

Nobody Else

I was used to you and me,
Walking side by side.
Talking ‘bout our hopes and dreams,
Staring at the skies.

Like stars, your eyes are shining bright
Emerald green, such a pretty sight
You seem to be walking on the clouds
“Why?” I want to ask aloud.

But the question inside just bubbled up
And then just brewed like a decease.
I want to know, “Are you in love?”
But my mouth just couldn’t speak.

I can’t tell "I like you more."
‘Cause to you, I’m just a friend
My emotions will burst into flames!
Hey! Why are you calling me sweet names?

Here I am, out of control
Of my pent up feelings for you.
And my words just stumbled out about
“I need someone I can’t live without.”

With those words I want to hit
My own self as you laughed a fit.
I blushed, embarrassed at that slip,
So shocked at your surprising grip.

You ran your fingers through my hair.
My heart thudded, I gulped some air.
I looked at your face all aglow
With confession that you already know.

You held my hand, said with a voice
That you’ve never ever put to use
“So you’re looking for somebody else
 To love you? Well, let’s start anew.”

As I stood there, speechless, you continued:
“I hope that you could see
That the person you love that loves you
Is nobody else but me.”




~anamellie, 062509

0 comments: