Thursday, July 6, 2006

How Things Work

If I just didn’t see you
or laughed, or wept for you,
would my life be still the same?

Would I still believe in fate
that each of us is said to have?

I’ve thought of happy endings,
but why don’t they exist?

I’ve thought of better fantasies,
and it hurts my heart to know
that there’s no such thing like it.

Why can’t I erase it from my head?
Why can’t I just realize
we’re not meant for each other?

Now, I’m in thought
of what could have been.

And now, I’m thinking
of how happy the scenes
we’ve together shared in my dreams.

But if each of us is destined to be happy,
why am I crying?

Why does love have to stay
for us to both grasp?

But then it moves so fast,
So we can’t just
embrace and keep it?

Why does fate move away from us?

Our love is that bittersweet.
It swiftly flies
even when we’re asleep.

Things turn out the way
We don’t expect them to.
This is how things work for me and you.




~anamellie, 070606

0 comments: